About Me

Wednesday 18 March 2015

M4A1 3D Model





Good Afternoon,

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last couple of days, but its been with good reason. I've been finishing the M4A1 high poly model. So here it is! took some doing to finish, the upper and lower receiver were pretty difficult to make as there's a lot of shapes and transitions from round curved surfaces to flat harder shapes. I've modelled all the visible moving parts and plan to rig them up so its a completely functional and animation ready model. It was all made in Maya and rendered in Marmoset tool bag, great program for setting up nice renders quickly, if you dont have it I highly recommend it.

Next I'll be on to the slightly more boring task of re-topologising the highpoly down to a low poly model and then Uving. Once that's ready I'll make another update post and then be moving on to the fun part of Normal mapping and texturing. Like I said before I will be releasing this model for free with all the texture work and hopefully rigged, so If your making a game and in need of some guns stay tuned as I'll be uploading it in the near future.
As for other work I've been working on a Orc head sculpt too, I like to switch my personal work up to keep things fresh, I find sculpting is far more pleasant and less taxing on your mind to do, modelling can be very technical and frustrating at times but I still enjoy it. I also have some more sketch work to post, character ideas and some other project in mind for after this M4A1 is complete. 

Anyway hope you like it, if your interested leave a comment, follow me for more CG related work and all that good stuff, and if you want a Free M4A1 model complete with textures then stay tuned, its on it's way. :)

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment