About Me

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Uni Character sketches




Someone asked me the other day why don't I show my sketches, and its a valid point so I thought I'd start uploading them. Here's a collection of the sketches for the character Duke. Before the sketching process I always do research and brainstorms which you can see in some of the sketches to break down the ideas I have in mind, materials, style etc. I don't particularly like my sketches as there quick and rough. There more like basic visual notes to me, which I refine later on into a model sheet and then I'm prepared to go into 3D. Generally I sketch in pen as it keeps things quick, if you make mistakes you have to work with them or start again, pencil you can rub out which I find distracting. If your looking to get ideas down fast or play with shapes I'd suggest trying this method as you can fill a page very quickly.

For the extra concept work that I made for this character click the link below :)
http://jamie-stubbscgartist.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/duke-extra-concept-artwork.html

Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment