About Me

Friday 13 March 2015

Scarlet Concept Art





So like I said here's the concept work that followed the sketches for this character I designed called Scarlet. Looking back there's things I'd change about the design, mainly the materials in the design. I'd use less bronze/brass like materials, and where I did use them I'd really desaturate it, giving it a much darker and worn feel. I'd also try to make the armour look slightly more advanced/form fitting/lighter to emphasise that this character is skilled at crafting weapons, armour and tech. As you can see in the concept image I was thinking about the environment as well. I had this idea for a outpost/town that had built up in a collapsed cave, safe from the sandstorms and extreme weather of the outside world, with a few holes in the cave roof for some shafts of light to break through.

I may pick this design up again in the near future and improve on it so stay tuned for that.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment