About Me

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Duke extra concept artwork






If you liked my series of development posts on the character Duke then here's some more concept artwork that I produced for that character and it seems like I forgot to upload it :s so sorry about that but here it is! :)
As you can see the top image is a 3 stages or character/level progression concept piece that I painted. I was thinking about how the characters armour and clothing could change if he was in a game. So the player could salvage or find schematics for extra pieces of armour and make them, Improve his weapons, aswell as his clothing gets more battered and torn from combat.
And the second image was made much earlier, This was back when I was still getting the concept of the character roughed out, trying to work out the back story and the environment that this character lives in. I like to start with a characters head, I find that if you can design a characters face and work on the ideas of backstory and environment on just the face then once you've nailed that, creating the rest of the body and armour/clothing etc becomes much easier.

Anyway hope you like it, 3D renders to follow very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment