About Me

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Duke Final Renders Zbrush







So here's the final renders of the character Duke that I was working on for quite so time. This was my first proper Zbrush project, I didn't really have much experience with Zbrush at all but through making this I learned a lot and know a lot more now because of it. I made loads of mistakes mainly stupid rookie stuff like how to use subtools properly and also things like not knowing about the decimation master tool would have been really helpful while making this as the poly count got incredibly high making it extremely difficult for my PC to run. You'll see in more recent work that I've become a lot more familiar with Zbrush and I'm pretty confident making things from scratch in Zbrush using Dynamsh, whether it be Hard surface or organic.
Anyway I was pretty pleased with how this came out in the end as when I started I didnt really know how to use Zbrush and I got to this in the end. Looking back if I was to redo it I would sculpt things differently to give better texture. I Also wanted to pose this character but at the time not knowing how to decimate the subtools made it impossible to rig, I actually revisited it to try and pose it a second time and the mesh was to dense to decimate, my Pc couldn't cope calculating it so I gave up.

In future zbrush character projects I'm going to pose characters much earlier in the sculpting process when the polycount is at a much easier level to manage and then continue.
Anyway, I hope you like the final renders, I'm sorry its quite a jump in the development from my last posts on this character but I was really busy at the time with the end of Uni and then going on holiday etc I just forgot to update the blog.

Next Ill be posting more character concept work that I've produced over the last couple of months as well as some game props.

No comments:

Post a Comment