About Me

Wednesday 4 February 2015

The Lord of Bones Concept art




This is a character I actually designed a couple of years ago but the design has changed a lot, I was scrolling through my deviantart, just looking at old work to see how much I had improved. Now that I have a lot more experience drawing in photoshop I decided to redesign the character and give it some more background to make a more solid design. If you want to see the original drawing check it out here on my deviantart,
http://reponic.deviantart.com/art/Demon-330685829

I wanted to redesign him as a fearsome boss like creature that you would come across in dungeons, something you'd find in games like skyrim, an epic boss that would drop a legendary weapon. So with that in mind I started drawing, as I started I tried to think of what materials he was wearing or made up of. I thought it would be cool if he was an extremely old soul, his original mortal body long since gone and now he/it is nothing but a powerful force, and his physical form is the remains of may victims he has slain. So his armour is made of bone and iron, his sword full of the skulls of the fallen in their final moments, and there souls endlessly flowing through it.
I had a lot of fun with this one and I think this is a much improved design over the original drawing a did a couple of years ago.

I'll also be doing a head sculpt of this character as a extra concept piece so look out for that.
if you like my work follow me on deviant art - http://reponic.deviantart.com/
and you can also contact me through Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=399959023&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile


No comments:

Post a Comment